COMMUNITY EXTENSION SERVICE OFFICE
The RCC-Community Extension Services Office (CESO) was established to provide opportunities for the members of the RCC and to exemplify the spirit of concern and communal participation in bringing assistance to the needy through outreach programs and activities.
We envision an improved quality of life of the Filipino people through the community outreach programs of the Republic Central Colleges.
We commit ourselves to the:
· formation of an integral human person;
· improvement of the quality of life; and
· upliftment of the human dignity of the people.
The roles of the CESO are:
1. development of outreach programs;
2. supervision, maintenance, and evaluation of outreach programs implemented in the community;
3. consolidation and liquidation of resources from the different sectors of RCC; and
4. establishment of linkages.
To encourage commitment and involvement of the RCCians and other agencies in providing assistance to the underprivileged members of the society.
The community outreach programs of RCC aims to:
1. acquire knowledge, skills and proper attitude in analyzing, planning, monitoring, and evaluating outreach projects;
2. provide opportunities to develop and deepen a sense of community awareness on the different social problems, concerns, needs and issues that affect the lives of people;
3. provide meaningful and relevant activities that serve as venue for expressing sense of social responsibility and commitment;
4. ensure personal and professional growth founded on Universal Values instilling relevant commitment to local and national development; and
5. establish and maintain coordination and linkages with government and non-government agencies.
AREAS OF CONCERN
This program aims to promote togetherness and camaraderie in the community through the formation of an organization that leads the development of their community.
Health and Sanitation
This program aims to promote primary health care including first aid administration, sanitation, dangerous drug awareness, disease prevention and management, and family planning using natural and artificial method.
Education and Values Formation
This program facilitates the empowerment of the people especially of the poor. It aims to promote basic literacy programs, formal and informal education, values formation, and other skills training.
This program aims to promote employment and income-generating small-scale enterprises including marketing and management.
This program also aims to develop the behavioral changes brought about by the acquisition of knowledge, skills, and values. These behavioral changes will bring about the upliftment of the living conditions.
The social program promotes the participation of RCC in the affairs of the society in manifesting its concern for the marginalized sector of the society in which it exists and operates.
The cultural program promotes the traditional Filipino values, development of Filipino heritage and culture.
Environment and Cleanliness
This program aims to promote love and preservation of the natural resources through planting of trees, gardening and caring of environment. It also aims to encourage community people to maintain safe and clean surroundings.
Sports and Recreation
This program aims to progress the physical aspects of human development through conducting and engaging in sports activities like basketball, laro ng lahi, and social gatherings.
Evaluation and Research
This program aims to determine the life conditions and needs of the people in the community. This also serves as the bases of the decision concerning the activities and projects to be conducted in the community.
JUMAR G. BASCO, Ph.D. - Director, Community Extension Service Office
JESTER ARIES A. SAGUN - Staff
GUIDELINES IN THE CONDUCT OF COMMUNITY SERVICE ACTIVITIES
The students or organizations who would like to conduct community service activities must follow the following guidelines:
1. No community service activities can be conducted one (1) week before the Prelim and Midterm examinations while no service activities can be conducted two (2) weeks before the Final examination.
2. A service activity must go through the process of proposal and approval before it will be conducted. The proposal should have the following:
2.1 Concept Paper which discusses the nature of the outreach activity; well-specified objectives/purposes; and pertinent information like date, time, place and the beneficiaries of the activity.
2.2 Provision of the proper participation, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the service activity.
2.3 Facilities to be used, budget requirements and source of funding of the service activity.
3. The proposed activity should be presented by the proponent to the Head of CESO for verification, inquiry, and endorsement to the School President for approval .
4. Once the proposed activity is approved by the President, the proponent then prepares/secures the following:
4.1 Before the Activity:
4.1.1 Waiver of the participants signed by their parents/guardians.
4.1.2 Coordination with the beneficiaries of the outreach activities.
4.2 During the Activity:
4.2.1 Take pictures of the activity.
4.2.2 Attendance of the participants and the beneficiaries.
4.2.3 Evaluation of the outreach activity.
4.3 After the Activity:
4.3.1 Documentation of the activity which includes narrative report, pictures, and summary of evaluation.
4.3.2 Personal reflection of learning of each participant.
4.3.3 Financial statement of the activity.
5. The CESO will award certificate of community service to the proponents and participants specifying the number of community service hours once they have complied with the item 4.3.